21 October 2016

CAT-titude, No Lion, and Day of the Dead

Happy Friday, everyone!  Thought I would share a few cards I've made the last couple of days.

I'd originally intended to enter my CAT-titude card at CAS(E) this Sketch! but I missed the deadline. :-(  Here's the sketch I used, though!



Challenges Entered
~The Crazy Challenge #233--Use the colour RED
~Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' October Monthly Card Challenges--Cat

Supplies Used
~Art Projects for Kids "Cat in the Hat" digital image
~CAS(E) this Sketch! Sketch #194
~My Craft Spot "Cute Critters" sentiment stamp set
~Spectrum Noir markers--CR8 and IG8

I have no Hispanic heritage, but I absolutely LOVE the sugar skulls that come out during the Day of the Dead celebrations!  I used the sketch at Cheerful Sketches Challenge and a freebie image from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons to create my Day of the Dead card.




Challenges Entered
~Cheerful Sketches Challenge--October sketch
~Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Linky Party Oct. 8-29, 2016
~Scrappin 'n' Chattin' October Monthly Card Challenges--Day of the Dead

Supplies Used
~Cardstock from stash
~Cheerful Sketches October sketch
~Cuttlebug embossing folder (If anyone knows the name of this folder, please let me know!!!)
~iCraft 3D foam squares
~Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Sugar Skull digital image
~Queen & Co. felt flower embellishments
~Stickles in Turquoise

I really like the plays on words with the sentiments in the My Craft Spot "Cute Critters" stamp set, so I thought I'd use it again!  I used the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches but then realized I missed the deadline. :-(


Challenges Entered
~Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' October Monthly Card Challenges--Cat

Supplies Used
~Cardstock from stash
~KennyK Stamps "Happy Lion" digital stamp
~My Craft Spot "Cute Critters" sentiment stamp set
~Simple Stories SN@P! Color Fusion 6x6 paper pad
~Spectrum Noir markers--DR3, IG8, PP3, TB5, TN3, TN5, and TN9

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend, and happy scrapping!








5 comments:

Kristie W. said...

I get the missing deadlines! I have been crafty but lazy about blogging. Great cards, especially love the sugar skull!

Tina Campbell said...

Wonderful looking cards Ashley :)

Creaine said...

Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches. Good luck!
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Bea said...

Nice card,thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches, good luck...

Bye Bea(DT).

Margreet said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing with Cheerful Sketches!
xxx Margreet